We’ll need the following four (4) documents to get started:
- Application (see below),
- Signed Fee Agreement (see below),
- Court Order (e.g., Divorce Decree or Separation Order) that specifies how the retirement account is to be divided, and
- A recent account statement.
Once we have the above documents, we’ll email the paying party a payment link. Upon payment, we’ll promptly draft the order and submit it for pre-approval.
Our work includes:
- Drafting and submitting the initial order to Plan Admin for pre-approval;
- Revising the order (if needed); and
- Submitting the pre-approved order to the attorneys with instructions for filing and final submission to the Plan Admin. (If you do not have an attorney, please contact us prior to submitting any documents.)
Simply QDROs will assist in any way needed to ensure qualification.
We look forward to working with you.